Elections & by-elections
The following positions remain unfilled and will be available in Fall 2017 during our by-elections:
- VP Finance
- VP Communications
- VP Student-Life
- PGSS Councillors (x3)
- Departmental and Program Representatives (DISE, MATL, FNIE)
- Association of Graduate Students Employed at McGill Delegates (x3)
Concerned about the time commitment? One Council position can be jointly held by two or more EGSS members. Candidates should fill out one nomination form with both names. Both members’ names will appear as a single choice on the ballot of an elected position.
The following is a brief (incomplete) summary of each position. To read a complete description of the duties and responsibilities of each council position, please read our constitution.
- Ensure all financial transactions adhere to the approved EGSS’s budget
- Maintain official financial records
- Oversee all fundraising activities
- Maintaining up to date website content
- Check the EGSS e-mail account at least once a day during school days
- Prepare and deliver EGSS communications to members via the
listserv, website and social media
- Plan and execute all social, cultural, and other activities for members of
- Promote student involvement
PGSS Councillors (x3)
- Represent the Membership at PGSS Council
- Attend Council meetings and report on important PGSS
Departmental and Program Representatives (DISE, MATL, FNIE)
- Attend Council meetings and provide updates on departmental
- Mobilize students to participate in the political life of EGSS
- Promote EGSS events in their departments
Association of Graduate Students Employed at McGill Delegates (x3)
- Attend Council meetings to report on important AGSEM matters
The first nomination period for the EGSS council will begin on March 16th 2017, and end on March 30th 2017, at 4:30pm. The second nomination period (for positions with no nominations) opens March 31st 2017, and closes April 4th 2017 at 4:30pm. Elections are scheduled to take place from April 6th 2017 to April 10th 2017.
- By-elections for positions that remain unfilled will be held in Fall 2017. Check back in the fall for more information.
Please submit the completed form (see nomination form) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be as follows: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME- EGSS POSITION TITLE.
We recommend that you read our constitution before starting the nomination process. You can find the English and the French versions here.
Below is the campaign information you need to know:
- All campaigning shall be terminated on April 5th 2017, the day prior to the first day of the voting period.
- Posters size shall not exceed 28cm by 43cm and no more than 25 posters per candidate may be posted at one time.
- The current EGSS Council has set campaign spending limit at $50 per candidate. Please submit your receipts to the EGSS Office in a clearly labeled envelope by April 5th 2017.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Page last updated: Thursday April 13th, 2017