- All Faculty of Education graduate students are eligible (KPE, ECP, or DISE)
- Students are eligible to receive fellowships once per degree
- When all else is equal, priority will be given to students who do not currently hold other research fellowships
Wednesday, May 15th 2019 at noon
- $500.00 Merit-based Award (One Master’s Level Award, One Doctoral Level Award). The purpose of this award is to recognize a student who is making distinctive contributions to the field of Education and/ or to communities within or outside of the university. Award recipients will be selected on the basis of commitment and achievement within their field (40%; e.g. publications, presentations and previous accolades and awards), leadership initiative (40%; e.g. on-campus and off-campus involvement, volunteer and paid positions, community outreach), and the unique potential and/ or contributions of their research (20%); as presented in their personal statement (maximum three pages) and curriculum vitae.
- $750.00 Needs-based award (One Master’s Level Award, One Doctoral Level Award). The EGSS recognizes that our members are differently positioned in relation to financial demands and resources, and that not all members have equal access to funding opportunities. For this reason, we welcome applications from members who are in particular need of financial support. If you would like to be considered for this award, please indicate in your personal statement how this award will support you in continuing your work. All applicants who apply for, but do not receive the needs-based award, will be considered for a Master’s level Merit-based award. As such, applicants must submit a personal statement (maximum 3 pages) and a CV. Please include any anticipated funding for the 2018-2019 academic year in your CV. Those in financial need will be given primary consideration.
To apply, please send the following material to email@example.com using the following subject line: (LAST NAME) 2019 FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION. Late applications will not be considered.
- Personal statement (max 3pages)
Any supplementary documents provided will not be considered in the deliberation process.
For questions regarding the awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Vice-President Academic.